The great feeling you get when you know your hair is perfect. Hair straighteners or flat irons have helped many women experience this perfect and perfect feeling of hair. Flat irons not only fix your hair, but also behave like a curling iron that gives you sweet, lush locks. Therefore, finding the best hair straightener is always a requirement for good hair days.
From the best hair straighteners to the tips of using a flat iron to straighten or curl your hair, we have the ultimate guide to this heat styling tool that creates wonders here!
For your hair straightener and straight irons, your guide: Table of contents
• 9 Best Hair Straighteners and Flat Irons
• Flat iron types and their differences
• How to choose the most suitable hair straightener for your hair type?
• How to Use a Hair Straightener for Stylish Hair
• How do you curl your hair with flat iron?
• Other Hair Straightener Tips to Know
9 Best Hair Straightener & Flat Irons
If you've never used a hair straightener and are worried that it could damage your hair, don't worry anymore. We took time for the best flat irons to help you get the best results. Some come with negative ions that add moisture to your hair.
1. GHD Classic 1 ”Inch Shaper
This one inch hair straightener uses ceramic heat technology to easily fix your hair. It can also be used to convey curls and waves to each hair type. The easy-to-use flat iron gives long-lasting results to the curls, which turn into bright, flawless hair throughout the day. Get online Sephora!
2. Balmain Paris Hair Couture Cordless Straightener
This high-fashion hair straightener is lightweight and cordless, which allows you to carry with you while traveling or sleeping in a friend's home. Designed with a titanium plate that allows it to slide easily between your hair. In addition, it is doubled as a curling iron. Find online for sale Networking!
3. Drybar Tress Press Digital Forming Iron
This bright and cheerful hair straightener in the drybar promises to add shine and smoothness to the hair. Thanks to floating titanium plates and digital temperature control, this hair styling iron creates wonders for curls, waves and straight hair styles and fully controls how good your hair feels and how it looks. Get online Sephora!
4. T3 SinglePass Luxe 1-inch Ionic Straightening and Forming Flat Iron
This flat iron works perfectly in all hair types. It is equipped with two professional partition clips that cut even the most difficult hair types. The five adjustable settings provide the optimum heat level for each hair type. It also has a modern and stylish design that you don't want to miss. Get online Nordstrom!
5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron
With heat-resistant and 5-inch expanded plates for faster and better hair straightening, this straightening iron ensures an excellent recovery and instantly ensures a smooth hair. It is one of the best hair straighteners with ceramic heater and titanium plates, Ulta for yourself!
6. Bio Ionic 10X Pro Forming Iron 1 Bio
The product name says it all, but if you have more assurance, this shaping iron moistens, conditioned and moistens the hair for a cleaner look in 10 minutes or less. With this one-inch Bio Ionic Hair Straightener, you can catch small water molecules in your hair thanks to the volcanic rock materials obtained from nature that are poured into this flat iron. Take a self Sephora!
7. CHI Ceramic 1 Seramik Hair Iron
This flat iron has an all-in-one ergonomic design that creates silky, shiny hair and curl. This great salon you can do at home comes with negative ions that add moisture and reduce frizz. For Sale Ulta!
8. Sutra Ceramic Hair Straightener
This professional ceramic hair straightener is designed to leave your hair shiny and non-curling after being flattened to cover natural moisture. It is light to make all hair styling easy. What's more, it has an adjustable temperature setting that can heat up to 450 ° F. Get one of the four available color options Amazon!
9. Corioliss C1 Nano Hair Straightener
This special flat iron always speaks for itself. It is light, ergonomic and has a long lasting smooth effect. It has 1-inch silk-coated plates that glide on the hair to create sleek straight hair or bouncy curls. This hair straightener can be purchased at: lookfantastic.
Types of flat iron and the differences between them
A hair straightener, flat iron or hair iron is a hair styling tool used to change the shape of the hair by heating. His origins date back to the 19th century, when a Parisian Marcel Grateau in 1872 obtained the idea of straightening his hair using heated bars. Later in 1909, Isaac K. Shero patented a hair styling tool consisting of two heated irons used to straighten hair.
As time went on, Sharrel started making heated metal tools that were easy to use for hair styling such as hot combs and caused less damage than previous versions of hair straighteners.
Later, thanks to the modification and innovation, ceramic and electric hair straighteners have become something due to adjustable heat settings and small sizes.
Thanks to the different flat iron brands currently available, it has become really difficult to choose a particular type to use. Even in this case, it is important to know the various types of flat irons available.
• Ceramic Flat Iron
For starters, this particular type of hair straightener is good for wavy and moderately curly hair. The ceramic plates of this flat iron provide space for even heat distribution. The only drawback is that the ceramic coating is stripped off over time and that the hair straightening is no longer effective.
• Ionic Flat Iron
Designed with a unique technology that captures hair moisture, this feature allows you to have brighter hair immediately after first use. This type of flat iron works perfectly in curly, coarse, wavy, dry and curly hair types.
• Turmalin Flat Iron
This hair straightener that works really well in all hair types has a finely ground tourmaline powder applied to the plates. Tourmaline flat iron requires less heat than all other types to correct the hair, thus causing less damage to your hair. It is especially recommended for those with damaged hair and also works to reduce frizz and close the hair shaft.
• Titanium Flat Iron
This type of flat iron has a similarity that lasts for a few seconds without requiring too much heat, such as producing negative ions with tourmaline flat iron. It also works well in almost all hair types. The only drawback is that they are more expensive than other species.
• Wet-Dry Flat Iron
It works well in this type of wavy hair and includes ventilation systems that allow it to be used in damp and wet hair.
How to Choose the Best Hair Straightener for Your Hair Type
There are many factors to consider before you get a hair straightener, because the right type not only gives you more money, it also gives you the best results without damaging or deteriorating.
Consider Plate Width and Shape
The wider the plate, the faster it does. Thick sheets are great for thick, curly, coarse and long hair. Even though it is very difficult to transport flat bars with a wider width, you should consider this factor. On the other hand, narrow plates are perfect for those with shorter hairstyles, because you can easily reach points where you have difficulty when working with larger plates.
In addition, some flat irons have sharp edges to give you straight hair with pins, while others come with slightly rounded outer edges, thus doubling as curled irons. Therefore, if you are looking for versatility, definitely choose the second option.
The temperature range must also be taken into account. Some flat irons heat up very quickly, not suitable for some types of hair. Always use a flat iron with adjustable temperature settings, then use the temperature that suits your hair type.
For thin or thin hair, it is best to use ceramic flat iron as it smoothens hair smoothly and reduces frizz. Titanium flat iron is recommended for thick and coarse hair. Occasionally, it comes with an ionic charge that makes the hair look smooth at a time without having to fix it again and again. It also heats up quickly.
How to Use Hair Straightener for Stylish Hair
Hair straighteners work in all hair types and lengths – long or short. However, it may be problem to know how to use it to get the best result.
You just don't pick it up and start straightening your hair, especially if it's short – there are steps you need to follow to get that shiny look.
• Be sure to start clean hair. Use shampoo and conditioner for straight hair when washing your hair. Keep in mind that using hair products for straight hair will not give you stylish hair, but it is the perfect preparation for hair straightening.
• Use a heat-protective spray. A heat preservative gives your hair an instant protection against high temperature, so you won't damage or dry your hair.
• It is not recommended to use flat iron when your hair is moist or wet, because your hair is most vulnerable at this point. Therefore, lightly dry and use a blow dryer with dry hair before straightening with flat iron.
• Separate your hair into sections to facilitate the entire straightening process. For long hair, crop all sections that you don't work with, and then open the smaller sections you want to fix. You can skip this process for short hair.
• Keep the flat iron away from your scalp and start to straighten your hair. If you have straight hair, the flat iron should be one inch away from your scalp, but if you have curly or textured hair, it should be closer than one inch.
• Make sure that the edges of the flat iron come into contact with the part of the hair you are working on, but do not over tighten. Also try not to keep the flat iron on the same spot for too long. For better results, run the flat iron on each section up to 3 times.
• If you have short hairs, hold the tips towards the ceiling and straighten them to add volume to your hair.
• Repeat steps with other sections. When you're done, set your blow dryer to cold temperature and use it for about one minute all over your hair. Finally, apply a hairspray, hair serum or another straightening product.
How do you curl your hair with flat iron?
Hair straightener is not just to fix your hair. You can also use a flat iron to curl your hair or to achieve perfect soft beach waves in the summer. Here's how you do it!
• Make sure your hair is clean and dry. Hair curls do not work well with dirty and wet hair. To curl your hair with flat iron, rinse for at least 24 hours before you start to curl.
• Apply a heat shield all over your hair as it helps to form a barrier between flat iron and your hair.
• Cut and clip your hair into several pieces using a comb. It does not need to be equal parts. Then, curl the small sections starting from the bottom. Depending on the type of curl you want, you can orient the flat iron away from your face or face.
• There are two ways to curl using flat iron. For cinema In the method, you start to curl up to half the length of the hair. Turn the flat iron on the U-iron and your hair to half-turn. While maintaining this position, move the flat iron slowly down the hair shaft. The faster you play, the less curl your hair.
• For curly The method has to start close to the scalp, but not too close to burn. Clamp the iron off and turn it on in half a turn. Gently slide the flat iron from the hair shaft into the tips.
• In both methods, you can try to obtain more prominent curls by rotating the flat iron into half a turn instead of half a turn.
• Do not twist the ends of your hair to obtain an effortless beach wave, but free the flat iron before it reaches the ends. Also, remember that working in smaller chapters will give you more tight curls, while in larger chambers you will get fluffy, undulating waves. You can also combine different curls sizes for an interesting look.
• Once done, you can leave your fingers gently along the hair so you can leave them this way or loose loose curls. Apply a large amount of hair spray for a flexible grip.
Other Hair Straightener Tips
In addition to knowing how to use a flat iron to find the best hair straightener and flatten or curl your hair, there are a few useful tips you should know.
• Do not increase the temperature above 365 ° F, otherwise you will damage your hair. If you have thin hair, the temperature should not exceed 325 ° F.
• Use a straightening comb and a flat iron at the same time. When forming the comb, the flat iron makes known for flattening or crimping.
• Use a thermal brush on the roots of your hair to give extra volume in the crown and also to get rid of the caps.
• You can use flat iron on a mesh to obtain a smooth twisted appearance.
• To reduce bubbles, always add the final products such as hairspray and add shine.
• Do not lubricate your hair before correcting it.
• Clean the flat iron with a cloth and alcohol or warm water after each use. Use a cotton swab to remove smaller areas of flat iron.
@Hairbymandielynn, @romeufelipe Images
9 Best Hair Straightener and Flat irons for Shine appeared first in Shiny Hair.